1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Thank you again, Sara's Secrets! I got this recipe and idea for stuffed crust from Sara Moulton's show on the food network. Made it last week---yielded four little pizzas. I topped two with lots of spinach and fresh thinly sliced seeded roma tomatoes, and the others I made with stuffed crusts and topped with zucchini and tomatoes and cheese. You can also use this dough as a calzone or focaccia dough. You could easily make a batch of this and then freeze it and pull it out whenever you want!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup water (about 110 degrees)
- 1 (2 1/4 teaspoon) envelope active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 cups bread flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups cold water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- yellow cornmeal, for sprinkling the baking sheet
- ricotta cheese (any melting cheese would work) or mozzarella cheese (any melting cheese would work)
- 1In a bowl, combine warm water, yeast, and sugar.
- 2Stir to combine.
- 3In the food processor, combine flour and salt and pulse.
- 4Add the yeast mixture, cold water, and oil.
- 5Pulse until a ball is formed: this will happen quickly, be careful not to overwork the dough.
- 6Scrape dough out onto a lightly floured counter and knead for several minutes until dough is smooth.
- 7Allow dough to rest for 2 to 3 minutes.
- 8Place dough in oiled bowl and allow to rise at room temperature for about 1 hour.
- 9Punch down and divide dough into 2-4 pieces.
- 10At this point, you may wrap the dough in plastic and either freeze it for up to 3 weeks or wrap it up and refrigerate it for 3-4 days.
- 11Shape dough, let rise for another 30 minutes, and top with desired toppings.
- 12Bake at 500 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
- 13Optional stuffed crust instructions: Roll out pizza.
- 14Pipe ricotta around the edge of the round and fold the edges over.
- 15Or, cut mozzarella into logs and place on the edges of the round and fold over the edges.
- 16Be sure to make slits in the tops of edges with a knife so the crusts don't explode.
- 17Top with desired toppings and bake as above.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pizza Dough (Optional Stuffed Crusts!)
Serving Size: 1 (885 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 991.0
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 592.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 194.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 27.5 g