Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
Before you start make sure you bread machine has the dough setting. We often have pizza nights and use this recipe for a base, this makes up a crispy pizza base. This recipe uses Australia metric measuring tools - One Australian tablespoon equals 20 mls - Thank you Chef #223169 for the photo idea :D
- 1 7⁄8 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons dry yeast
- Place ingredients in exact order listed above into the bread machines pan. IMPORTANT - Do not mix ingredients!
- Set machine to dough setting, and press start. (My machine took 50 mins to complete it's cycle).
- When bread machine has finished what it needs to do. Roll dough on a lightly floured surface into a 25 cm round for a thick based pizza or into two x 20 cm rounds for a thinner based pizza.
- Place onto a lightly greased backing tray and dress with your favourite topping.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200oC/400oF/mark 6 for 12-15 minutes or until base is cooked and topping heated through.
Definitely a 5 star! Dh actually made this-so this is easy besides great tasting. Made one thin crust for the two of us, and froze the other half dough. I also prebaked the dough for 5 minutes before topping it. Thanks for sharing Chef floWer.
I've tried a fair few pizza doughs for the bread machine, but I must say that this really is the best by far.
It really couldn't be any easier to just throw the ingredients into the pan, and then just wait....
The dough was soft, smooth and beautifully elastic. I made pizza for the kids ( who had great fun topping them!) and used half of the dough the next day for stromboli...perfect results on both occasions.
Made for AUZ/NZ Recipe Swap#50.
Great pizza dough! I made two different recipes tonight in what seemed like an endless journey for the perfect pizza dough and both were winners! I made one large pizza out of this dough and topped it with tomato gravy, fresh mozzarella and bacon pieces. Great flavor and the crust was perfect. Thanks for posting. Will make this again and again.