Recipe by Dominick & Amanda
Dominick's dad gave us this recipe. It's become a tradition to have "pizza night" a couple of times a month! Making pizza together is really fun and there are so many things you can do to change it up! Remember that this dough should be made ahead of time. It's the perfect recipe for a weekend when the whole family can get involved!
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 1⁄4 ounces active dry yeast
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 -5 cups bread flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together 2 cups of warm water and yeast. Wait a few minutes and then stir it.
- In a separate bowl, mix together salt, sugar, and olive oil. Add the yeast and stir.
- Add 2 cups of bread flour and stir with a whisk. It will be like batter. Once it is creamy, begin adding more flour (1 cup at a time). Add flour until the flour makes a sticky dough.
- When the dough is so thick that you can't mix it anymore begin kneading it with your hands (adding more flour if needed) for 5-10 minutes.
- Cut the dough in half and form into 2 balls. Place the balls onto a greased cookie sheet. Cover loosely with syran wrap that is either sprayed or wiped down with oil to prevent sticking. Put it in the fridge for 2-9 hours (5-9 hours is ideal).
- When you're ready to use the dough, preheat the oven to 425. Remove from refrigerator and roll out on floured surface. Place on greased cookie sheet and top with your favorite sauce, cheese, and veggies.
- Bake at 425 for 16-18 minutes.