Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is very easy to make and delicious. The original recipe came from my bread machine book, but I added to herbs for an even better tasting crust.
- 1 1⁄4 cups luke water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary or 1 teaspoon dry oregano or 1 teaspoon dry basil, crushed (or a little of all three)
- Combine all ingredients into bread pan.
- select dough setting.
- When dough is finished, remove from bread pan and pat out onto pizza pans and top with your favorite pizza toppings.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 min.
- or until crust is golden brown.
- This can be done by hand also, but you will need to let the dough rise (double in size) and knead it down again and rise again before patting it into pizza crusts.
I've made this so many times, and it always comes out perfect! I add lots of spices (garlic, the Italian herbs, a lil red pepper, sometimes even a lil parmigiana if the mood takes me)
It turns out fluffy, flavorful, and makes just the right amount every time :)
This was great, I used it to make some deep dish pizzas in 2 small round cake pans. It was so good. I can't wait to make it into focaccia bread. Mine was a little sticky but I was measuring an a hurry so I am sure it was my fault.
This was a great recipe - I've been systematically trying as many as I can, to find the "right" one. I can stop now. Perfect. Once the dough cycle was done, I punched it down and let it rise again, then prebaked it prior to topping it. Delish!