Recipe by Jen in Victoria, BC
An easy and delicious pizza dough. Make sure to roll the dough quite thin as it puffs up quite a lot. Preparation time does not include rise time for the dough.
- 2 1⁄2-3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons quick active dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup very warm water (120 - 130 degrees)
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure all ingredients in stand mixer bowl.
- Beat until dough is soft and springy, adding more flour if necessary.
- Cover and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Grease 2 9 inch pizza pans with oil and sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Divide dough in half.
- Roll each portion of dough thin and place in pizza pan.
- Let rest for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Partially bake for 20 minutes or until crust just starts to brown.
- Add toppings and bake 20 minutes longer.