Prep 1 hr 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from my bread machine recipe book... I keep misplacing the book so I'm putting this recipe here so I can always find it!! You can double the recipe if your bread machine can handle 1 1/2 pound loaves.
- 3⁄4 cup water, 80-90 degrees F
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning (optional)
- Add lukewarm water and oil to pan. Add flour, sugar, italian seasoning and salt to the pan. Tap pan to settle dry ingredients, then push some ingredients to the corner. Make a well in the center of dry ingredients; add yeast. Lock pan into breadmaker. Program breadmaker for the dough cycle. When done, remove dough from the pan and place on a floured surface. Knead for 1 minute the let dough rest for 15 minutes.
- Roll dough out to fit your pizza pan. Place on greased pan. Top as desired and bake in a 425 degree oven for 10 - 15 minutes or until nicely browned.
I have never made a successful yeast pizza crust, until last night! I used whole-wheat flour, and it was easy to roll and had a great flavor! Thank you!
It's awesome, we made it 3 times already. I skip the herbs, otherwise follow the recipe. We love that it is easy to roll and spread on the baking dish plus it has a great taste and requires hardly any work (the bread machine does the job!). Thanks for posting!
I just recently got a bread machine and I have been using it like crazy. Wanted to make pizza tonight so I popped the ingredients into the BM after work and by dinner time I had this amazing dough! It was perfect and so much cheaper than the preservative added pre-made I was buying in the grocer case. Thank goodness for bread machines and this recipe!