Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Depending on how long you bake it and what your butter/oil ratios are, this pizza dough is either light and chewy or crisp and crunchy, but still delicious. I like about a 3:1 ratio of butter to oil, but that's tough to get exactly right since I actually already tripled the base recipe I use because I have large pizza pans and like a more substantial crust (so really, it's 1.5 of a recipe for 1 pizza).
- Proof the yeast in the water.
- Add the salt, butter, and oil. Stir to dissolve the salt.
- Add the flour. Knead or mix in stand mixer until all flour is evenly incorporated and dough is elastic and not too sticky.
- Coat dough in olive oil to prevent drying out. Place in a covered bowl and let rise in a warmish place for about 2 hours.
- Separate dough and roll out. Top with desired ingredients and bake at 450* until done.