1/8 Photos of Pizza Dough
1 hr 12 mins
From the "Mom and Me Cookbook" by Annabel Karmel that I sent to my swap partner **Mandy**, actually her daughter!, for the 2009 Cookbook Swap. Feb 27 2010----Thanks to Hokies for finding my typo! Definitely should mix the yeast with water!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the yeast with 3T. water. Set this aside for 10 minutes or until it is frothy.
- 2Sift the flour into a bowl and add the sugar, salt, and pepper. Then make a well in the center.
- 3Pour the yeast, water, and oil into the well. Use your hands to mix everything together.
- 4Sprinkle flour over a clean work surface. Then knead the dough for 8 minutes, until it is smooth and elastic.
- 5Oil a large bowl, put in the dough, and cover with plastic wrap. Leave in a warm place until the dough has doubled in size.
- 6Is it ready? Poke holes in the dough. If the holes stay, it's ready. Punch down with your fists and place on a floured surface.
- 7Knead the dough again. Then cut it into four equal pieces. Roll each piece into a 7" (18-cm) circle and place on a baking sheet.
- 8Preheat the oven to 425F (220C). Top as desired and bake for 12 minutes.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pizza Dough
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 381.4
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 9.4 g