1/2 Photos of Pizza Dough
This is a really great basic pizza dough recipe. the wine tempers the yeast flavor and the texture is perfect.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve yeast and sugar in the warm water and wine.
- 2Let sit for approximately five minutes, until yeast bubbles.
- 3Dissolve the salt in the 2 tablespoons of water.
- 4Stir honey and oil into yeast mixture.
- 5Stir in one cup of flour and mix with a wooden spoon until it forms a thin batter.
- 6Stir in the salt and water mixture.
- 7Add 2 cups of flour and stir until you can no longer mix in any more flour with the spoon.
- 8Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead for approximately 10 minutes, until the dough is smooth and shiny.
- 9It may be a bit sticky, that's fine.
- 10Spray a bowl with oil and place the dough in the bowl.
- 11Spray the top of the dough with oil and cover with plastic wrap.
- 12Allow the dough to rise for 45 minutes (or until doubled in volume) in a warm area.
- 13***The more times you let the dough rise, the better it will be.
- 14If you can, punch it down after the first rising and let it rise again.
- 15Divide the dough into 4 pieces for individual pizzas, 2 pieces for small pizzas or leave as 1 piece for 1 large pizza.
- 16Roll the dough out into rounds and let rest for 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pizza Dough
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 491.8
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 587.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 12.0 g