This is a really great basic pizza dough recipe. the wine tempers the yeast flavor and the texture is perfect.
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in the warm water and wine.
- Let sit for approximately five minutes, until yeast bubbles.
- Dissolve the salt in the 2 tablespoons of water.
- Stir honey and oil into yeast mixture.
- Stir in one cup of flour and mix with a wooden spoon until it forms a thin batter.
- Stir in the salt and water mixture.
- Add 2 cups of flour and stir until you can no longer mix in any more flour with the spoon.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead for approximately 10 minutes, until the dough is smooth and shiny.
- It may be a bit sticky, that's fine.
- Spray a bowl with oil and place the dough in the bowl.
- Spray the top of the dough with oil and cover with plastic wrap.
- Allow the dough to rise for 45 minutes (or until doubled in volume) in a warm area.
- ***The more times you let the dough rise, the better it will be.
- If you can, punch it down after the first rising and let it rise again.
- Divide the dough into 4 pieces for individual pizzas, 2 pieces for small pizzas or leave as 1 piece for 1 large pizza.
- Roll the dough out into rounds and let rest for 15 minutes.