Recipe by Riverside Len
This is a recipe I got from a bag of Arrowhead Mills flour. Recipe makes 2 pizzas. Dough can be made in a bread machine if desired. A good recipe that has never let me down. Bread or All Purpose flour can be used. Preparation time does not include rise time.
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast (one pakage)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 9 1⁄2 ounces warm water (1 cup and 3 tablespoons)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 cups unbleached white flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve yeast in 1/2 cup warm water with honey, let sit 10 minutes to proof.
- Mix remaining ingredients in large mixing bowl and add yeast mixture.
- Turn onto floured board and knead 7-10 minutes.
- Cover and let rise for appr 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 450 f and divide dough into 2 equal pieces.
- On surface sprinkled with cornmeal, roll out to desired thickness and size and let rise 20 to 30 minutes.
- Top with sauce and topping of choice and bake for 12-15 minutes.