Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe doesn't take long to rise at all. Which is nice if you are in a hurry and want pizza for dinner! I have used this recipe for breadsticks as well.
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups flour
- Combine yeast, sugar, salt, basil, oregano, parmesan cheese and water. Let sit for 5 minutes or until yeast is dissolved.
- Add vegetable oil.
- Add flour. Knead until a non-sticky dough is formed. Let rest 15 minutes.
- Press dough into greased pizza pan. Add favorite toppings.
- Bake at 375 - 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
This is a great recipe, I don't always put the garlic, basil and oregano in it (DH doesn't care for the spices sometimes), but it is quick and easy!
Needed a fast pizza dough to make White Calzones and found this. It was perfect and loved the herbs blended in the crust. It was so fast and easy and a wonderful stretch to the dough when rolling it out. Couldn't ask for anything better. Thanks so much for posting.
I tried this for my first attempt at pizza dough and then used it for my first attempt at grilling a pizza. While my grilling technique was questionable (some parts of the dough did not fully cook) the dough was not at fault and the parts that did cook fully tasted great. Grilling may have made the addition of garlic and herbs a bit moot, but the finished pizza (minus a few inches of undercooked dough) was wonderful. I was home from work by 5:00 pm and eating my pizza by 6:00 pm! Now that's a time saver! BTW: I topped it with left over grilled steak, grilled chicken, sauteed onions, red pepper, and mushrooms.