Havent tried this yet... here for safe keeping
Make and share this Pizza Dough recipe from Food.com.
- In a small bowl, dissolve the yeast and honey in 1/4 cup warm water.
- Combine the flour and the salt.
- Add the oil, the yeast mixture, and the remaining 3/4 cup of water and process until the mixture forms a ball. (The pizza dough can also be made in a mixer fitted with a dough hook. Mix on low speed until the mixture comes cleanly away from the sides of the bowl and starts to climb up the dough hook).
- Turn the dough out onto a clean work surface and knead by hand 2 or 3 minutes longer. The dough should be smooth and firm.
- Cover the dough with a clean, damp towel and let it rise in a cool spot for about 2 hours. (When ready, the dough will stretch as it is lightly pulled).
- Work each ball by pulling down the sides and tucking under the bottom of the ball. Repeat 4 or 5 times.
- On a smooth, unfloured surface, roll the ball under the palm of your hand until the top of the dough is smooth and firm, about 1 minute.
- Cover the dough with a damp towel and let rest 1 hour. At this point, the balls can be wrapped in plastic and refrigerated for up to 2 days.
- Bake at 500 for 12 min or 400 for 20 minute.
This takes a little time, but it's an excellent pizza dough recipe. It tastes great, and the texture is marvellous. This is definitely a rising crust dough, but it holds its shape excellently. I made mine in the food processor, as I don't have a high-power mixer, and it worked beautifully. My son even ate ALL his crust! Thanks for posting!