1/1 Photo of Pizza Dough
3 hrs 25 mins
Havent tried this yet... here for safe keeping
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl, dissolve the yeast and honey in 1/4 cup warm water.
- 2Combine the flour and the salt.
- 3Add the oil, the yeast mixture, and the remaining 3/4 cup of water and process until the mixture forms a ball. (The pizza dough can also be made in a mixer fitted with a dough hook. Mix on low speed until the mixture comes cleanly away from the sides of the bowl and starts to climb up the dough hook).
- 4Turn the dough out onto a clean work surface and knead by hand 2 or 3 minutes longer. The dough should be smooth and firm.
- 5Cover the dough with a clean, damp towel and let it rise in a cool spot for about 2 hours. (When ready, the dough will stretch as it is lightly pulled).
- 6Work each ball by pulling down the sides and tucking under the bottom of the ball. Repeat 4 or 5 times.
- 7On a smooth, unfloured surface, roll the ball under the palm of your hand until the top of the dough is smooth and firm, about 1 minute.
- 8Cover the dough with a damp towel and let rest 1 hour. At this point, the balls can be wrapped in plastic and refrigerated for up to 2 days.
- 9Bake at 500 for 12 min or 400 for 20 minute.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pizza Dough
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 191.8
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 220.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 5.3 g