Recipe by swirlycinnacakes
adapted from Bon Appétit, March 2007, recipe of Giada DeLaurentiis
Top Review by Chef# 477627
This is a great thick crust pizza for two... made this by hand.. added the sugar to the yeast and water.. oops.. but all worked out wonderfully. Topped this with shaved ham, kalamata olives, onion, pineapple, diced tomato and cheese... mm mm good!... oh yeah added about 1 tablespoon of dried Italian seasoning (herbs) to the flour.
- 3⁄4 cup warm water (105 F to 115 F)
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope active dry yeast
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour 3/4 cup warm water into small bowl; stir in yeast. Let stand until yeast dissolves, about 5 minutes.
- Brush large bowl lightly with olive oil. Mix 2 cups flour, sugar, and salt in processor.(I used the mixer with paddle attachment) Add yeast mixture and 3 tablespoons oil; process until dough forms a sticky ball.
- Transfer to lightly floured surface. Knead dough until smooth, adding more flour by tablespoonfuls if dough is very sticky, about 1 minute. Transfer to prepared bowl; turn dough in bowl to coat with oil.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let dough rise in warm draft-free area until doubled in volume, about 1 hour. Punch down dough.
- Roll out dough according to recipe instructions. (Start in center of dough, working outward toward edges but not rolling over them.).
- Bake with selected toppings at 425F for 10-15 minutes.