Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
everyone loves pizza
- 1 1⁄2 cups warm water (105 F-115 F)
- 1 (2 1/4 teaspoon) package active dry yeast
- 3 1⁄2 cups bread flour (can use all-purpose but bread flour will give you a crisper crust)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- In the large bowl of a heavy duty electric mixer, add the warm water. Sprinkle on the yeast and let sit for 5 minutes until the yeast is dissolved. Stir to dissolve completely if needed at the end of 5 minutes.
- Attach a mixing paddle to the mixer. Mix in the olive oil, flour, salt and sugar on low speed for about a minute. Remove the mixing paddle and replace with a dough hook. Knead using the mixer and dough hook, on low to medium speed, until the dough is smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes. If you don't have a mixer, you can mix and knead by hand.
- Place ball of dough in a bowl that has been coated lightly with olive oil. Turn the dough around in the bowl so that it gets coated with the oil. Cover with plastic wrap. Let sit in a warm place (75-85°F) until it doubles in size, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours. If you don't have a warm spot in the house you can heat the oven to 150 degrees, and then turn off the oven. Place the bowl of dough in this warmed oven to rise.
- At this point, if you want to make ahead, you can freeze the dough in an airtight container for up to two weeks.