Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 min
This recipe was in our Sunday paper.When I make homemade Pizza this is what I use.We like thicker dough so I only get 1 large pizza out of this dough. I spread it on my pizza stone pan.
- Combine yeast and water. Let stand 5-10 mins, or until foamy.
- Meanwhile,pulse flour and salt in food processor.
- Pour in yeast mixture, then add olive oil.
- Pulse until dough comes together.
- Turn onto lightly floured surface, add chopped garlic.
- Knead dough for 1 minute.
- Shape into ball and place in oiled bowl.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap and put in warm place until dough had doubled in size, from 45 to 60 minutes.
- While dough is rising make pizza sauce.
- Drizzle olive oil on pizza pan.
- Using fingers, spread dough to edges of pan, building up a crust.
- Heat oven to 450*.
- Spoon a light amount of cooled sauce onto dough.
- Add favorite toppings and cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes,or until cheese is hot and bubbling.
Very good. The garlic was surprising but very good. I loved using the food processor for getting the dough to a ball. Will be making this again and again!
I needed to add some extra flour to be able to work with the dough, but that didn't detract from the flavor. I also cheated and used my bread machine's dough cycle. Used this for Rosemary, Lemon, and Pepper Focaccia.