Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
Very easy and tasty.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast (or fresh)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 cup water, at 115degrees farenheit
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for brushing
- Dissolve yeast and honey in 1/4 cup water. Blend flour and salt together. Add oil, yeast-honey mix and remaining water; blend on low speed. Knead dough until sooth and firm. Cover with damp towel; let rise in warm place for about 30 minutes. If it's stretchy, it's ready. Divide into four balls. For each, pull down sides and tuck under bottom, repeat 5 times. Roll under palm until smooth and firm. Cover with damp towel; let rest for 20 minutes. (Balls can be wrapped in plastic and refrigerated up to 2 days). Heat a baking sheet in over for 30 minutes at 500degrees farenheit.
- Dip dough in flour, shake off excess and place on a lightly floured second baking sheet. Press with rolling pin into 8'' circles, with slightly thicker perimeters.
- Use as you would like.
- To make smoked salmon pizzas, brush with oil and add julienned red onion on top of dough before baking. Then mix chopped fresh dill with around 1/3 cup sour cream and ground pepper to tast. After dough has cooled, spread on sour cream mix, arrange thinly sliced smoked salmon over it, and garnish with chives.
Iused these ingredients but used the breadmaker to make the dough. Great consistency and tastes great. Made one large thick pizza base with it and it cooked beautifully.