Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
A girlfriend gave me this recipe. Thanks Karri.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package dry yeast
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- Mix together yeast, water, sugar, salt and oil until dissolved.
- Add flour, kneading until smooth.
- Cover and let rise 15 minutes.
- Divide and stretch to fit 2 average sized pizza pans.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes .
- Remove from oven add your favorite sauce and toppings then return to oven for 5-10 minutes.
Nice to find my recipe for pizza dough online. I was going to add the recipe but here it is! I use this recipe to make 2 12-inch pizzas but then again I like my crust thin. I don't even bother to let it rise...just mix cut in two balls and then spread into the pans (I use a handy short rolling pin to make putting the dough into the pans easier). I usually use 1/2 and 1/2 white and whole wheat flour and olive oil instead of vegetable oil. Also I buy my yeast in bulk so use 2 1/4 teaspoons to equal the 1/4 ounce package of yeast. I use Bravo spaghetti sauce as my pizza sauce (put the leftovers into 1 cup mason jars and freeze so 1 28-oz can of Bravo makes 16 pizzas for us). Also use nacho cheese instead of mozzarella....yummy!
This was a quick and easy pizza dough. For the thicknes I like my pizzas it only made two small pizzas. Will probablly double the recipe next time to make larger pizzas.