Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Kid-friendly and a great spin on plain hot dogs!
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup jarred pizza sauce (Ragu is good)
- 2 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 all-beef hot dogs
- 4 hot dog buns
- 1⁄4 cup drained sliced black olives (or pepperoni--whatever you like)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Prepare grill for direct heat, or position a broiler rack so that it rests 4" from the flame; preheat broiler.
- In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, cook the peppers until they have softened.
- Add the pizza sauce, Parmesan cheese, and garlic powder; cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Set aside, but keep warm.
- Grill the hot dogs over direct heat, or broil, turning occasionally, until lightly browned and cooked through--about 6-8 minutes.
- Place hot dogs in buns; top with the sauce mixture, olives, and mozzarella cheese.
- If desired, melt the cheese by placing the hot dogs over indirect heat on the grill; cover and cook until the cheese melts, about 1-2 minutes.