Recipe by Dropbear
"Papa John's keeps their menu simple. You won't find salads or subs or chicken wings on this menu. The company just sells pizza, with side orders of breadsticks and cheesesticks made from the same pizza dough recipe. With each order of breadsticks or cheesesticks comes your choice of dipping sauces. These recipes will show you how to make all three of those tasty sauces. You can use these as dips for a variety of products, or you can simply make your own breadsticks by baking your favorite pizza dough, then slicing it into sticks. If you want cheesesticks, just brush some of the Garlic Sauce on the dough, then sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and bake. Slice the baked dough into sticks and use the dipping sauce of your choice."
Special Garlic Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, spread
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup Cheez Whiz
- 2 teaspoons jalapeno juice, from canned jalapenos (nacho slices)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Special Garlic Sauce.
- Combine ingredients in a small bowl.
- Mix well until completely blended.
- Place the bowl into the microwave and cook on 1/2 power for 20 seconds.
- Stir to blend.
- Makes 1/2 cup.
- Cheese Sauce Combine cornstarch with milk in a small bowl and stir until cornstarch has dissolved.
- Add the Cheez Whiz® to the mixture.
- Stir well to combine.
- Then place the bowl in the microwave and cook on high for 1 minute.
- Remove the bowl and stir until smooth.
- Add the juice from jalapeno slices, and stir.
- Makes 1/2 cup.
- Pizza Sauce Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir well as you bring the mixture to a boil.
- When the sauce begins to bubble, reduce the heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir often as it simmers to avoid sticking and to ensure an even mix.
- Makes 1 cup.