Recipe by Lvs2Cook
This recipe is very easy to make and was a big hit when I made it recently. I think the recipe comes from Southern Living originally.
Top Review by WI Cheesehead
I kind of messed up the directions on this, but it still turned out good. I mixed the pizza sauce in with the cream cheese mixture. :oops: It turned out a pink color! I made my own bread twists, rather than the canned kind. I think putting the mozzarella on it made it harder to dip though. I had to take a fork and put the dip on the bread stick. The adults liked it. Kids only used the extra pizza sauce (homemade.)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened (light is fine)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (light is fine)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3⁄4 cup pizza sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pepperoni
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (13 7/8 ounce) canrefrigerated pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat first 5 ingredients together with an electric mixer until well blended. Spread into a lightly greased 8 inch square pan. Spoon pizza sauce over the top and sprinkle with chopped pepperoni and green onions.
- Bake at 350º for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Serve with Parmesan twists and corn chips.
- Parmesan Twists: Unroll dough and roll into a 15 by 9 rectangle. Cut in half lengthwise. Cut each half into 15 strips. Loosely twist each strip and place on lightly greased baking sheet. Brush each strip with olive oil and sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake at 400º for 12 minutes or until lightly browned.