Recipe by Lovebug4581
A great party treat, anywhere I take it I get asked for the recipe. Different from the others as it has sour cream in it as well. The best part is that you can add your favorite pizza toppings and change the dish its baked in to make it your own. I am a plain jane and like just the basic 4 ingredients but I've given a few more options as well. You can also make this ahead of time and just bake it when you get to the party.
- 1 (14 ounce) jar Ragu pizza sauce, pizza quick sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) sour cream
- 1 lb of shredded mozzarella cheese
- tortilla chips
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (more if you like it spicy)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- extra cheese
- bell pepper (sweet, hot, bell etc)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together all ingredients EXCEPT 3/4 cup of the shredded cheese. (Pizza Toppings can be left as big or cut as small as you like).
- Spread into a casserole or baking or oven proof dish. The thinner the dip is spread the quicker it will cook.
- Sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese on top.
- Bake @ 350 until cheese on top is melted (about 20 minutes) and then turn on the broiler for a few seconds (or minutes depending on the broiler) to brown the top a little.
- Serve with the tortilla chips.
- You should wait a few minutes for it to cool down before you eat it but we usually dig right in and burn our mouths because we just can't wait!