Prep 3 mins
Cook 1 min
These are very similar to beekm's Pizza Wrap, but I decided to post this anyway, because it's even easier for kids to make themselves, and because my picky 8 year old requests it often. He warns me not to "sneak" anything else in, but of course any of your favorite pizza toppings will work. I like BBQ sauce, jack cheese and shredded chicken in place of the ingredients listed here, too.
- 1 large flour tortilla
- pizza sauce (I like Contadina, in a squeeze bottle)
- grated mozzarella cheese
- Spread pizza sauce on tortilla, not quite to edge.
- I like to use the back of a spoon to spread.
- Don't use too much or it will be drippy to eat!
- Sprinkle on mozzarella to cover.
- Cover only one half of the tortilla with pepperoni pieces.
- Place pizza-dilla on a paper towel in microwave.
- Heat on High for 1 minute.
- Fold the"cheese only" side over the pepperoni side.
- Cut into 4 wedges, if desired.
Good recipe. Comes out a bit greasy and soggy, though. I think I'm gonna try putting it in the oven instead of microwave next time. But it was very good. A big hit. After it cooled, I was able to pack the slices in a zip lock bag and bring them as to go munchies for my 2 year old.
I used to make a recipe like this when I was in school, but it was a pizza taquito, I guess cause I rolled it up and put hot dog slices inside. Yum!