Prep 30 mins
Cook 19 mins
Potato crust pizza with zucchini, pesto and pine nut. Prep time does not include the time the dough rests.
For the crust
- 4 ounces idaho potatoes, peeled and cut into small chunks (or russet potato)
- 1 1⁄3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
For the pesto
- 1 1⁄2 cups basil leaves, tightly packed
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
For the toppings
- 1 small white onions or 1 small yellow onion, julienned
- 1 large zucchini, julienned (yellow or green)
- For the crust:.
- Boil potato until tender; drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- While potato is still warm, use a fork to mash together with flour and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water; stir together with potato mixture to combine.
- Turn out dough onto a work surface and knead for 20 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl, cover with greased plastic wrap, and let rest in a warm place for 1 hour.
- For the pesto:.
- Meanwhile, make a quick pesto: in a blender or food processor, puree basil, 1/3 cup pine nuts, 1/3 cup oil and 1 teaspoon salt until smooth.
- Position rack in the center of oven and heat to 450 degrees.
- For the toppings:.
- Season onions with salt.
- Toss zucchini with remaining oil.
- Grease a baking sheet and spread dough into a 16 by 10 inch rectangle.
- Spread onions over the dough and drizzle with half the pesto; bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top with zucchini and remaining pesto.
- Bake until golden, 5 to 7 minutes more,sprinkling remaining pine nuts during the last 2 minutes of baking.