Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 19 mins
Potato crust pizza with zucchini, pesto and pine nut. Prep time does not include the time the dough rests.
For the crust
- 4 ounces idaho potatoes, peeled and cut into small chunks (or russet potato)
- 1 1⁄3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
For the pesto
- 1 1⁄2 cups basil leaves, tightly packed
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
For the toppings
- 1 small white onions or 1 small yellow onion, julienned
- 1 large zucchini, julienned (yellow or green)
- For the crust:.
- Boil potato until tender; drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- While potato is still warm, use a fork to mash together with flour and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water; stir together with potato mixture to combine.
- Turn out dough onto a work surface and knead for 20 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl, cover with greased plastic wrap, and let rest in a warm place for 1 hour.
- For the pesto:.
- Meanwhile, make a quick pesto: in a blender or food processor, puree basil, 1/3 cup pine nuts, 1/3 cup oil and 1 teaspoon salt until smooth.
- Position rack in the center of oven and heat to 450 degrees.
- For the toppings:.
- Season onions with salt.
- Toss zucchini with remaining oil.
- Grease a baking sheet and spread dough into a 16 by 10 inch rectangle.
- Spread onions over the dough and drizzle with half the pesto; bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top with zucchini and remaining pesto.
- Bake until golden, 5 to 7 minutes more,sprinkling remaining pine nuts during the last 2 minutes of baking.