Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a great recipe my girlfriend shared with me. The crust comes out puffy and perfect. My family LOVES it!
- Mix the flour, sugar, salt and milk in a mixer.
- Take the hot water and put in a small bowl. Add the yeast, sugar and oil and let rest for five minutes.
- Pour the yeast mixture into the flour mixture and mix using a dough hook. It will be quite juicy. At this point add upto 1/2 a cup more flour a tablespoon at a time until it looks just right. It should pull away from the bowl and make a ball of dough.
- Cover the mixing bowl with a kitchen towell and let rise about 30 minutes.
- Then sprinkle corn meal on the pizza stone or pan.
- Press the dough into the appropriate shape.
- Top as desired and bake at 425 for about 15 minutes. Adjust to your own altitude.