Prep 20 mins
Cook 22 mins
My family loves homemade pizza and using my bread machine to make the dough really takes the work out of it. This recipe make a soft thick crust. Sometimes I sprinkle the crust with garlic salt to add even more flavor. Prep time does not include cycle time, as bread machines vary.
- 1 cup water, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Layer in bread pan according to manufacturer's recommendations.
- Select'dough' setting.
- When dough cycle is done, pat dough into greased 12x15-inch jelly roll pan.
- Prick dough with fork.
- Bake in preheated 400 degree oven for 7 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add desired toppings.
- Baste crust edges with butter.
- Return to oven for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is done.
This was a quick, decent tasting crust. I added some onion powder, along with about 1/2 Tbl. Italian seasoning. These additions made all the difference! Without these seasonings, the crust would be very bland-tasting. The good thing about this recipe is that it's a great start to make additions to suit your tastes! I highly suggest adding the extra seasonings to get the most from this crust!
This was such a simple recipe to make. I needed a crust and chose this and am glad I did, its tough to find a good pizza crust but this is my go to now. THank you for sharing with us.
I've been using this recipe for the last 3 months. My DS loves this pizza crust. I pretty much use these ingredients. But also add 1/4 tsp onion powder and 1 tablespoon sugar. I use a rolling pin to roll out the dough (takes 2 minutes). Then I bake the pizza crust (350 convection) for 7 minutes. Remove the crust, brush olive oil on the edges, and add the toppings. The boboli pizza sauce is DH's favorite. Once we get our toppings on, we cook at the same temp as above for 20 minutes.