Recipe by PuglyDuckling
My family loves homemade pizza and using my bread machine to make the dough really takes the work out of it. This recipe make a soft thick crust. Sometimes I sprinkle the crust with garlic salt to add even more flavor. Prep time does not include cycle time, as bread machines vary.
Top Review by TreeSquirrel
This was a quick, decent tasting crust. I added some onion powder, along with about 1/2 Tbl. Italian seasoning. These additions made all the difference! Without these seasonings, the crust would be very bland-tasting. The good thing about this recipe is that it's a great start to make additions to suit your tastes! I highly suggest adding the extra seasonings to get the most from this crust!
- 1 cup water, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer in bread pan according to manufacturer's recommendations.
- Select'dough' setting.
- When dough cycle is done, pat dough into greased 12x15-inch jelly roll pan.
- Prick dough with fork.
- Bake in preheated 400 degree oven for 7 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add desired toppings.
- Baste crust edges with butter.
- Return to oven for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is done.