1/2 Photos of Pizza Crust (Another One for the Bread Machine!)
2 hrs 20 mins
MA HIKER's Note:
You can use this wonderful dough for pizza crust or for bread sticks.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat water for thirty seconds in the microwave.
- 2Pour water into bread machine.
- 3Add olive oil to bread machine.
- 4Pour white flour, cornmeal, and wheat flour on top.
- 5Add sugar to one corner of the bread machine.
- 6Add salt to the other corner of the bread machine (you want them to stay separate for a bit when the mixing starts).
- 7Make a well in the center of the flour mixture (not all the way to the liquid) and pour yeast into the well.
- 8Set bread machine for dough. Check in 5 minutes to scrap down the sides of any dough that is not mixing inches
- 9Check after 10 minutes - if mixture is dry and crumbly then add an additional 1 or 2 tablespoons of water.
- 10When the machine is complete - remove the dough and let it rest for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- 11If using for Pizza Crust:.
- 12Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- 13Divide the dough into two pieces.
- 14Sprinkle your work surface with a little cornmeal.
- 15Form dough into two 10- to 12-inch flat disks. Slide onto a pizza stone, pizza pan or cookie sheet.
- 16Add toppings of your choice.
- 17Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- 18You may find the dough easier to work with if it is chilled. Oil a large bowl and place the dough in it after it is finished in the machine. Cover tightly and let refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight. Punch the dough down and proceed as above.
- 19If Using for Bread Sticks:
- 20Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- 21Grease two heavy duty baking sheets.
- 22Divide the dough into 12 pieces.
- 23On a lightly floured surface, roll each piece into a long snack length.
- 24Twist the sticks and place on the baking sheet.
- 25brush each bread stick with egg glaze (1 egg white lightly beaten with 1 tablespoon water).
- 26Sprinkle with sesame seeds, poppy seeds and/or kosher salt.
- 27Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- 28When the breadsticks are cool, store them in an airtight container.
- 29**or use any breadstick recipe you like with this dough (such as Twisted Black Olive Breadsticks ).
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pizza Crust (Another One for the Bread Machine!)
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.7
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 293.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 3.9 g