Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
You can use this wonderful dough for pizza crust or for bread sticks.
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups unbleached white flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- Heat water for thirty seconds in the microwave.
- Pour water into bread machine.
- Add olive oil to bread machine.
- Pour white flour, cornmeal, and wheat flour on top.
- Add sugar to one corner of the bread machine.
- Add salt to the other corner of the bread machine (you want them to stay separate for a bit when the mixing starts).
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture (not all the way to the liquid) and pour yeast into the well.
- Set bread machine for dough. Check in 5 minutes to scrap down the sides of any dough that is not mixing inches
- Check after 10 minutes - if mixture is dry and crumbly then add an additional 1 or 2 tablespoons of water.
- When the machine is complete - remove the dough and let it rest for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- If using for Pizza Crust:.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Divide the dough into two pieces.
- Sprinkle your work surface with a little cornmeal.
- Form dough into two 10- to 12-inch flat disks. Slide onto a pizza stone, pizza pan or cookie sheet.
- Add toppings of your choice.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- You may find the dough easier to work with if it is chilled. Oil a large bowl and place the dough in it after it is finished in the machine. Cover tightly and let refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight. Punch the dough down and proceed as above.
- If Using for Bread Sticks:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Grease two heavy duty baking sheets.
- Divide the dough into 12 pieces.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each piece into a long snack length.
- Twist the sticks and place on the baking sheet.
- brush each bread stick with egg glaze (1 egg white lightly beaten with 1 tablespoon water).
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds, poppy seeds and/or kosher salt.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- When the breadsticks are cool, store them in an airtight container.
- **or use any breadstick recipe you like with this dough (such as Recipe #150456 ).
Yea. Another great Pizza crust recipe. I loved it. So easy to go together and the dough is very easy to work with. The crust was just what I look for in homemade pizza crust. Loved the addition of a little cornmeal and the hint of whole wheat. Thanks so much for sharing.
Very easy to make and the results were great, It made a thin crust that I got 4 nine inch crusts out of thia recipe