Prep 3 hrs
Cook 48 mins
Easy pizza crust, you can add your favorite spices to it to make it your own, such as basil, oregano, etc.
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 cup hot water (105 degrees)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Sprinkle yeast in hot water, add a pinch of sugar.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Mix in vegetable oil, flour, sugar and salt.
- Stir to make stiff dough.
- Knead 8 minutes.
- Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl, turn, let rise to double in a warm place (I like to do this in the oven turned to the very lowest setting.) Punch down.
- Each will line a pizza pan.
- Brush with 1-tablespoon oil Cover.
- Let rest 5 minutes.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Bake 15 minutes, remove from the oven and add your sauce,cheese and meats and then bake another 15 minutes.
Great pizza crust!! This was the perfect crust for us. It was nice and soft and fluffy inside but crunchy outside, and it wasn't too much or too little sweet, just right, and super easy to make. I made 1 10 inch pizza and 1 12 inch. It also didn't get soggy, which was great. Thanks for posting this!
Absolutely awesome! This will BE my pizza crust recipe from now on. Couldn't have been easier and came out PERFECT! We had a homemade pizza party last Saturday and I made 5 crusts. It made 9 pizzas. I made 1 16in and used the entire recipe for it (and added herbs to that one) and the rest divided into 2 crusts and made 12 inch pizzas. This recipe is saved forever!!
After looking over the previous reviews, I modified the recipe as such: Added 1 1/2 t. italian seasoning Set my oven to lowest temp and let pre heat, then I put the dough in and turned the oven off. This shortened the raising time to about 1 hour. I doubled the recipe to give me two deep dish thickness pizzas. YUMMY!! Thanks for sharing this great recipe with my family. It will stay in my cookbook for a long time.