Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This was posted as a result of a request for help with pizza crust. A quick pizza would be to use a jar of spaghetti sauce and your favorite pizza ingredients; browned ground beef, green pepper, mushrooms and of course cheese.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water, in bowl.
- Stir in flour, oil and salt.
- Beat well till well blended.
- Cover and let rest for 20 min.
- Grease two cookie sheets or two 12inch pizza pans.
- Divide dough in half.
- Pat onto cookie sheet or pan with floured fingers.
- Prick dough a bit with fork, bake for about ten min, till just starts to brown.
- Remove from oven and add your pizza sauce and toppings.
- Then bake additional 15 to 20 min.
I love this crust. I've been trying different recipes off and on for the past 2 years. This is the quickest, yummiest one yet. I make up the dough and let it rest in the cold oven for 30 minutes while I prep the toppings. The only changes I make is to add a little extra flour if it's too sticky and I use this for one pizza, not two.
This was a pretty easy recipe. There was no temperature at which to cook the Crust, but judging from other crust recipes I put it somewhere between 400 and 425. I also added a clove of garlic (next time i'd add more because I love garlic) and a sprinkling of Italian seasoning, it smelled wonderful and was pretty easy to work with. The dough was best mixed with my hands, and it was a wee bit sticky, but just add a dash of flour and you are good to go. I let it rest for about 30 mins and it had risen nicely. The dough was easily spread onto the pans without too much fighting back from the dough. it makes a nice thinner crust for 2 pizzas, or a thicker crust for one.