Recipe by angelfan
This was posted as a result of a request for help with pizza crust. A quick pizza would be to use a jar of spaghetti sauce and your favorite pizza ingredients; browned ground beef, green pepper, mushrooms and of course cheese.
Top Review by Evamyth
I love this crust. I've been trying different recipes off and on for the past 2 years. This is the quickest, yummiest one yet. I make up the dough and let it rest in the cold oven for 30 minutes while I prep the toppings. The only changes I make is to add a little extra flour if it's too sticky and I use this for one pizza, not two.
- 1 package yeast (dry)
- 1 cup warm water (105 to 115 deg)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve yeast in warm water, in bowl.
- Stir in flour, oil and salt.
- Beat well till well blended.
- Cover and let rest for 20 min.
- Grease two cookie sheets or two 12inch pizza pans.
- Divide dough in half.
- Pat onto cookie sheet or pan with floured fingers.
- Prick dough a bit with fork, bake for about ten min, till just starts to brown.
- Remove from oven and add your pizza sauce and toppings.
- Then bake additional 15 to 20 min.