Recipe by gran
Home made good -- easy method.
Top Review by Mandy Jo 829
I have been looking for a good non-bread machine pizza crust and this one is the best one I've tried after about 8 attempts. Sometimes it is more of a pain to haul out the machine than to just do it by hand... and this way is quicker. I put the cheese on right away unlike the directions state because I've had great luck with baking at 425 on the bottom rack for 16-18 minutes. Pizza and cheese come out perfect golden brown. Also, do not bake your crust first as I know allot of people are tempted. I've done both ways and find that putting it all in fresh is much better!
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages yeast
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 6 -7 cups flour
- 2 cups water
- 4 tablespoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the yeast, sugar, salt, and flour together.
- Heat water and oil together until the heat from the bowl feels very very warm on your face when you hold it up.
- Add to the dry ingredients and beat as much as possible.
- Turn out onto a floured board and knead until smooth.
- Place in a greased bowl and let rise until doubled.
- Divide into four pieces; press each into a 16" pizza round pan.
- Add sauce and toppings.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add the cheese during the last 4 to 5 minutes only of baking.
- Makes four 16" pans.