Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This tastes like pizza in a bowl, very yummy! This can also be cooked in an oven.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- salt and pepper (I use seasoning salt for this)
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced (or to taste)
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (or to taste)
- 1 (28 ounce) jarfavorite spaghetti sauce (can use more)
- 12 -16 ounces uncooked noodles (use larger pasta like spaghetti or penne)
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded (or to taste)
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded (or to taste)
- 6 ounces sliced pepperoni (or to taste)
- Brown the ground beef with the onions, garlic and peppers, season with salt and pepper;drain fat.
- Add in the Parmesan cheese; mix to combine.
- When just done, add the sliced mushrooms, and cook for 1 minute.
- Cook the noodles until still a bit hard (don't overcook the noodles, as they will get mushy in the crock pot).
- Add spaghetti sauce; simmer until bubbly; remove from heat.
- Add in noodles; toss to combine, then season with salt and pepper.
- In a crock pot, put a layer of the pasta mixture, then cheeses, then pepperoni; repeat layers.
- Cook on high for 30 minutes, then low for 1-2 hours.
Very good family-type meal which everyone enjoyed. I think this depends on the spaghetti sauce used, but I think next time I'll add a bit of garlic and a good sprinkling of Itallian seasoning. I also think this will be easy to make on the stove, if you didn't want a crockpot meal. Thanks for sharing!