Recipe by littleturtle
Great make ahead snack or appetizer to keep in the freezer. Take out just the number you need and bake. You can vary the ingredients depending on what you like on your pizza.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs 80% lean ground beef
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sweet basil
- 1⁄2 cup diced pepperoni (from 6 oz pkg)
- 1 (8 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 4 ounces Italian cheese blend, shredded (1 cup)
- 8 ounces cheddar and american blend cheese (2 cups) or 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 36 slices cocktail bread
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a 10-inch skillet, cook ground beef with garlic and basil, over medium high heat, stirring occasionally, until cooked through (5-7 minutes); drain well.
- Stir in pepperoni and pizza sauce.
- Cook over medium heat until hot (3 minutes).
- Stir in Italian cheese blend and 1 cup cheddar-American cheese blend, stirring until cheese melts.
- Arrange bread slices on 2 ungreased baking sheets.
- Optional - Bake until crisp if a crunchier snack is desired (about 8 minutes).
- Spread a generous tablespoon of beef mixture evenly over each slice.
- Top each with about 1 teaspoon of the remaining cheese.
- To freeze for later use - Place in freezer on baking sheets and leave until frozen (30 minutes); remove from baking sheets, and place in large resealable freezer bag (store in freezer up to 2 weeks).
- Bake until heated through (15-20 minutes fresh or 20-25 minutes frozen).
- Garnish with parsley, if desired.
- Serve warm.