Recipe by MizEmerilLagasse
This is a quick and easy snack/appetizer for children and adults alike. The buttery crescent dough goes great with the tangy tomato paste and sausage. Enjoy!
Top Review by RockinChef
These are great little snacks, and they were really easy to prepare. I made them for a party that me and my friends were having, and they were gone pretty quick. I think next time I will maybe try to fit more types of pizza ingridients into the crescents, or maybe just use pepperoni instead of sausage for something a little different.
- 1⁄2 lb hot sausage (you can use mild)
- 1 (6 ounce) canitalian flavored tomato paste
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 cup water (just to thin the tomato paste slightly)
- 2 (8 ounce) cans crescent roll dough (you can use reduced fat)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small saute pan, brown the sausage, and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a bowl, mix together the tomato paste and the water, and set aside.
- Unroll the crescent dough and split apart the triangles.
- Spread about 1 teaspoon of the tomato paste on each of the crescents dough triangles.
- Carefully sprinkle each with sausage crumbles and cheese (make share not to over fill them).
- Gently roll the crescents, place them on a baking sheet, and bake for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- These are great it you serve them with warm pizza or pasta sauce for dipping.