Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a quick and easy snack/appetizer for children and adults alike. The buttery crescent dough goes great with the tangy tomato paste and sausage. Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 lb hot sausage (you can use mild)
- 1 (6 ounce) canitalian flavored tomato paste
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 cup water (just to thin the tomato paste slightly)
- 2 (8 ounce) cans crescent roll dough (you can use reduced fat)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small saute pan, brown the sausage, and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a bowl, mix together the tomato paste and the water, and set aside.
- Unroll the crescent dough and split apart the triangles.
- Spread about 1 teaspoon of the tomato paste on each of the crescents dough triangles.
- Carefully sprinkle each with sausage crumbles and cheese (make share not to over fill them).
- Gently roll the crescents, place them on a baking sheet, and bake for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- These are great it you serve them with warm pizza or pasta sauce for dipping.
These are great little snacks, and they were really easy to prepare. I made them for a party that me and my friends were having, and they were gone pretty quick. I think next time I will maybe try to fit more types of pizza ingridients into the crescents, or maybe just use pepperoni instead of sausage for something a little different.