Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A great cookie to make for a kid's party, write your name on it with the M & Ms, and great for valetine's also.Enjoy.
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable shortening
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (6 ounces)
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup M&M's plain chocolate candy
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly greas a 14 to 15-inch pizza pan.
- Combine the flour, baking powder,baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream the vegetable shortening and brown sugar.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Gradually blend in the dry ingredients.
- Fold in the oats and coconut.
- Press the dough evenly into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips and walnuts evenly over the top.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until lightly colored.
- Sprinkle the M& Ms over the hot cookies.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack for a few minutes before cutting into wedges.