Recipe by Lainey39
My family really enjoys this recipe and it's a great weeknight meal. Recipe is from Rachael Ray.
Top Review by grrmrgal
This was a good weeknight, house full of kids, easy dinner to prepare. I did add some italian seasoning as some others have suggested, i could imagine the blandness of it without however, i think I shall use pizza sauce myself next time. I did however find it lacking in substance. I added olives, mushrooms and pepperoni but next time for sure i will add some ground sausage or beef. The can of biscuits I had in the fridge had somehow popped open and was no good but I did have a can of pizza dough so I just chunked that up and put that on the top, turned out better I think. I will be using this one again for when you want that pizza dinner but without the cost of take out or the time consuming deal of making my own!!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 1 (10 ounce) package mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato sauce (I use pizza sauce)
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, sliced
- 2⁄3 cup pepperoni, sliced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can refrigerated biscuits, separated and cut into quarters
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In large skillet, combine the oil, onion and garlic and cook on medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomato sauce and olives and bring to a simmer.
- Spread the sauce mixture in a greased 2-quart baking dish.
- Arrange the pepperoni in a single layer on top and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Top with the biscuit pieces.
- Bake until cheese is bubbly, about 15 minutes.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes before serving.