Recipe by Sage
This recipe is one from my new books that I received from Sydney Mike at the Cookbook Swap Game.Use your own tomato pasta sauce or one from the supemarket.It is excellent, fast to prepare and light. Serve with a salad and crusty bread.Pizza never tasted this good. I made this again in my electric skillet;turned out great! One reviewer made it in the oven 400* for 1 hour and it turned out good.
Top Review by Chef 963993
YUMMY!!! This is so easy and so good! I have cooked it both in the crockpot and the oven(400 degrees for 1hr) and they both turned out great. I don't use the olives or the green peppers as my family doesn't like those. If yo don't have a crockpot or you don't have time to do it that way, don't let it stop you from making this.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1⁄4 cup sliced olive (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups pasta sauce
- 1 cup shredded pizza cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place in a 3-4 quart crockpot.
- Top with onions and bell peppers and olives if using.
- Add pasta sauce over all.
- Cover crockpot and cook on low 4-5 hours until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Sprinkle with cheese and let stand 5 minutes to melt cheese.
- Serve over cooked pasta, rice or with roasted potatoes and a green vegetable.