Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Be creative when making this casserole...try adding green peppers, mushrooms, or any of your favorite pizza toppings.
- Brown hamburger and drain off remaining grease.
- Add diced onion and spaghetti sauce to hamburger and cook for a short while.
- Cook 8 oz pkg of egg noodles as directed and drain.
- Stir in 1 can of cheddar cheese soup into the noodles.
- In a lightly grease 9 x13 pan, layer as follows: 1/2 of meat mixture, noodles, remaining meat mixture and top with shredded cheese.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.
- TIPS: I sometimes leave the foil off for the final few minutes of baking so the cheese browns up a little.
- Be creative and try adding diced green peppers or any of your other favorite pizza toppings into this casserole too.
- Allow the casserole to cool for a while so it sets up a little.
- I always think this casserole is even better on the 2nd day!
My family LOVED it!!! I added olives, and mushrooms, although I forgot to put the foil on!! (I guess that was a lazy moment!!) But its a KEEPER!!!!!
This is a really great recipe. I did add diced pepperoni, peppers, and mushrooms to our casserole. I will be making it again, and I think next time, I am going to use the pizza sauce instead of the spaghetti sauce. That is what is so great about this casserole. As you stated, it can be adjusted so easily to taste like your favorite pizza!!!!