1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 20 mins
A basic recipe which is good on it's own. Use your favourite cheese / seasonings. We also add some of the the typical pizza toppings ( diced - green peppers, mushrooms, onions, pineapple, pepperoni slices etc ) to the already cooked sauce, if added prior they tend to get mushy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Place rice and water in a medium saucepan, cover and bring to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat and simmer for approx 45 minutes.
- 4Remove pan from the heat, to a wire rack to cool slightly (fluff rice with a fork), while the rice is cooling: Brown beef in a large skillet,breaking up gently as it browns.
- 5Add the tomato sauce, pepper, oregano and garlic, adjust seasonings to your taste.
- 6Cover skillet and simmer 15 minutes, After the 15 minute simmering add any of your favourite diced vegetables etc to this sauce.
- 7To the cooled rice mix, stir in 1 Cup of the mozzarella cheese, mixing well Lightly oil a casserole dish.
- 8Spread about a 1/3 of the cheese& rice mixture on the bottom of the dish.
- 9Spread about 1/3 of the beef/ sauce mix on top of that layer.
- 10Repeat layers, ending with the beef/ sauce mix.
- 11Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 Cup mozzarella on top of the mixture.
- 12Bake approx 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pizza Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 324.4
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 55.2 mg
- Sodium 829.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 20.6 g