Recipe by JacksonsMama
This is my take on an apparently popular casserole. I had never had it and just stumbled upon making it one day. My family loves it and hope yours will too.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) jar mushroom and green pepper flavor spaghetti sauce
- 1 garlic clove, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning or 1 tablespoon pizza seasoning
- 1⁄2 lb penne pasta
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Brown the beef along with onion and green pepper until no longer pink.
- 2. Drain.
- 3. Move back into pan and add spaghetti sauce, garlic, and seasoning.
- 4. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 5. Meanwhile, boil a pot of water and add noodles, cooking until just under al dente. You want it to be a bit hard still so the noodles will cook in the sauce in the oven and soak it up.
- 6. Drain noodles and place into a medium sized casserole dish that has been sprayed with vegetable spray.
- 7. Pour meat mixture over noodles. We prefer to not mix it, but if you do, it will be fine that way too.
- 8. Sprinkle the top with cheese.
- 9. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and noodles are done cooking.
- 10. Let the casserole sit for about 5 minutes after you pull it from the oven. This will allow any excess water to soak back into the casserole.
- 11. Serve with salad and garlic bread and enjoy!