Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This came from a newspaper article written by Elizabeth Coblentz who is Old Order Amish. She hand writes her column by kerosene lamp light in her northern Indiana Home.
- 8 ounces noodles
- 1 lb hamburger, browned
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup fresh sour cream
- 1 cup homemade or store-bought pizza sauce
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup diced or shredded colby cheese, for topping
- Cook noodles until tender.
- Drain and place into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Add hamburger, onion, sour cream, pizza sauce, cottage cheese.
- Add each ingredient as a layer; do not stir.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake a 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until cheese on top is bubbly.
This is a good no-think simple recipe for busy days. A really good kid pleaser-my pickiest eater took thirds! Next time I will probably add a bit more zing though--with some garlic and/or Italian seasoning.
Kid - friendly for sure. It doesn't really taste a whole lot like pizza, but still yummy. I liked the cool creamy layers of sour cream and cottage cheese. I added minced garlic to the meat. As I assembled this, I realized that only 1 cup of sauce would never be enough, so I added a 14-oz can of undrained diced tomatoes. I'm very glad that I did because it would have been way to dry for us. I think it could some Italian seasoning as well. Thanx for sharing!
At first i was nt sure about this recipe but after trying it i enjoyed it. Thanks.