Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great recipe for kids! You can vary the ingredients depending on what you like on your pizza.
- 1 package elbow macaroni
- 1⁄2 onion, minced
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 jars pizza sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package mozzarella cheese
- 1 package pepperoni
- black olives (optional)
- green pepper (optional)
- mushroom (optional)
- Brown beef and onions in a large skillet.
- Cook elbow macaroni according to instructions; drain.
- In a large bowl, mix macaroni, drained beef, and pizza sauce.
- In a greased casserole dish, layer macaroni mixture, top with pepperoni and any other optional pizza ingredients, then a layer of cheeses.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake at 300° for 30 minutes.
my six-year-old NEVER asks for seconds for anything- but he RAVED over this dish! It's his "favorite" now! My eight-year-old daughter and I had fun making it! Thanks!
Kris: Loved this recipe and so did my friends' children! The only thing that was difficult for me was the sizes on the jars of pizza sauce and the package of macaroni since sizes vary. Great recipe otherwise. I just bought extra sauce and mac (since I'll use them again in something else for sure). I'm a former resident of Kansas City suburbs, and it was great to see a recipe from someone from my old neighborhood! Thanks for sharing!
Good quick meal for the whole family. I used whole wheat pasta and only half of the amount of cheese called for. I think next time I will season the hamburger with taco seasoning to add a little more flavor. My pizza fanatic husband enjoyed this, along with my two finicky todlers.