Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I was given this recipe by my husband's cousin.
- 2 cups uncooked rotini pasta
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 15 slices pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook rotini according to package directions. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook and stir ground beef and onion in large skillet over medium high heat until meat is no longer pink. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine rotini, pizza sauce, tomato sauce, tomato paste, sugar, garlic salt and oregano in large bowl. Add beef mixture, stir until blended.
- Plave half of mixture in 3 quart casserole, top with 1 cup cheese. Repeat layers. Arrange pepperoni slices on top. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
This casserole was really good. All 3 of my boys ate it readily. To me, it tasted more like a spaghetti type dish, instead of pizza. I think it would taste more like pizza if I used 1/2 ground beef and 1/2 sausage. Because we really love pepperoni, I added some to the 1st layer as well as the top. Thanks 4-H Mom for sharing this recipe!