Recipe by Chef on the coast
A recipe I found through Taste of Home. My family liked it so much they took it to school for lunches the next day! I like how versatile this casserole can be. If you want all veggies - feel free to add them! If you only want meat - you can have it that way too. This recipe is kind of like lasagna with a twist.
Top Review by Mommy Diva
My family loves pizza casserole, nd this recipe totally fits the bill. Quick, easy and tasty! I made as directed, and agree that next time, I might add in a few veggies ( knowing my kids will pick most of them out - lol). Great recipe. Thank you! *Made for Nov. 2009 Aussie Recipe Tag/Swap*
- 3 cups uncooked spiral shaped pasta
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 14 ounces pizza sauce
- 3 ounces tomato paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3 1⁄2 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Drain.
- Stir in tomato sauce, pizza sauce, tomato paste, sugar and seasonings.
- Drain pasta and stir into meat mixture.
- Spray 9x13 pan with vegetable spray. Add in 1/2 of the meat and pasta mixture.
- Layer with 1 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/2 of the pepperoni.
- Repeat with second layer of pasta, cheese and pepperoni.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top of casserole.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake an additional 10-15 minutes.