Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a family favorite that I got from Family Fun web site. Its great for next day lunches.
- 1 (8 ounce) box spaghetti noodles
- 28 ounces pizza sauce (or favorite spaghetti sauce)
- 28 ounces ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage, taken out of its casing
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 20 -30 pepperoni slices
- 3 -4 mushrooms (optional)
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions, rinse, drain well and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add 1 cup each of both cheeses and all remaining ingredients. Toss together well. (If you have children who like to cook, have them toss this together with their hands--it really helps to get the spaghetti noodles mixed in evenly, and the kids think it's fun.)
- Turn all ingredients into a 13- x 9- x 2-inch lightly greased baking dish and top with remaining cheese and a few pepperoni slices.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until cheese is golden and bubbly.
I made this for lunch today. I told the kids it tasted like pizza but looked like spaghetti, they got a kick out of that. The directions did not say what to do with the meat. So I browned the beef and sausage along with the onions. Then mixed it all in a large bowl, put it in the pan and baked it. Thanks for posting I'll be using this recipe again. I made this for the Spring PAC 2007 game.