This casserole is very flavorful and loved by my whole family.
Make and share this Pizza Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups mini penne pasta
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce (such as Ragu Old World)
- 1 (10 ounce) jar pizza sauce (such as Ragu)
- 8 ounces fresh white mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 lb sliced pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook penne pasta until just tender; drain well.
- Spray a deep 9X13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Press penne pasta into the prepared baking dish and set aside to cool.
- In a large frying pan, cook onion, green bell pepper and garlic in olive oil until veggies are soft.
- Add ground beef and salt and cook until beef is browned; drain if needed.
- Add spaghetti sauce and pizza sauce to the browned ground beef; mix well.
- Allow to simmer while you prepare the mushrooms.
- Wash and slice mushrooms.
- Saute mushrooms in butter until mushrooms are soft.
- Pour ground beef mixture over penne pasta.
- Top with sauteed mushrooms, shredded mozzarella cheese and pepperoni.
- Bake, uncovered, for about 30 minutes or until cheese starts to brown slightly.
- Remove from oven and serve.