1/2 Photos of Pizza Casserole
Kim D.'s Note:
This casserole is very flavorful and loved by my whole family.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups mini penne pasta
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce (such as Ragu Old World)
- 1 (10 ounce) jar pizza sauce (such as Ragu)
- 8 ounces fresh white mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 lb sliced pepperoni
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Cook penne pasta until just tender; drain well.
- 3Spray a deep 9X13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- 4Press penne pasta into the prepared baking dish and set aside to cool.
- 5In a large frying pan, cook onion, green bell pepper and garlic in olive oil until veggies are soft.
- 6Add ground beef and salt and cook until beef is browned; drain if needed.
- 7Add spaghetti sauce and pizza sauce to the browned ground beef; mix well.
- 8Allow to simmer while you prepare the mushrooms.
- 9Wash and slice mushrooms.
- 10Saute mushrooms in butter until mushrooms are soft.
- 11Pour ground beef mixture over penne pasta.
- 12Top with sauteed mushrooms, shredded mozzarella cheese and pepperoni.
- 13Bake, uncovered, for about 30 minutes or until cheese starts to brown slightly.
- 14Remove from oven and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pizza Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 729.0
- Calories from Fat 335
- Total Fat 37.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.9 g
- Cholesterol 138.1 mg
- Sodium 1156.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 44.7 g