1/10 Photos of Pizza Casserole
1 hr 10 mins
This is similar to many Baked Pasta dishes but with the distinct flavors of pizza. I created this recipe yesterday and took it to a dinner party as the main dish. It was a big hit and every woman there asked for the recipe. I decided that anything that popular should be posted here. You do not have to use the same kind of pasta I did...but should use a pasta which will remain slightly firm after boiling and baking so that it is not mushy. NOTE** I've had several people ask about when to add the spices...you can either add them to the sauce or to the sausage when you cook it. Either way works great! Since this recipe is an original creation of mine, it tickles me so very much that lots of people are enjoying it! Thanks everyone!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb bow tie pasta
- 1 lb Jimmy Dean sausage, 'country mild' (or other flavor if desired)
- 1 large onion, medium size chopped (cooked with sausage)
- 2 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce (I used Bertolli's Tomato & Basil)
- 1/2 lb cubed cooked ham
- 1/2-1 lb of sliced pepperoni
- 3 (8 ounce) bags of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1Cook pasta in boiling water until al denté.
- 2Cook sausage, garlic powder and oregano with onions until the juices run clear.
- 3In a lightly greased 9x13x3 inch pan, pour a small amount of sauce to lightly coat bottom.
- 4Layer ingredients in the order listed below.
- 51st layer-1/3 of the pasta, 1/3 remaining sauce, 1 bag of mozzarella cheese, 2 Tablespoons parmesan cheese, sausage and onions.
- 62nd layer-1/2 of the remaining pasta, 1/2 remaining sauce, 1 bag of mozzarella cheese, 2 Tablespoons parmesan cheese, ham.
- 73rd layer-all remaining pasta, all remaining sauce, 1 bag of mozzarella cheese, 2 Tablespoons parmesan cheese,all the pepperoni(completely covering the entire top with pepperoni).
- 8Bake at 375°F for 40 minutes.
- 9Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pizza Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (302 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1027.0
- Calories from Fat 569
- Total Fat 63.2 g
- Saturated Fat 26.5 g
- Cholesterol 216.8 mg
- Sodium 1950.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 52.2 g