1/3 Photos of Pizza Caprese (Or Pizza Margherita My Way)
Halcyon Eve's Note:
I was going to make myself a Pizza Margherita tonight, then I started thinking about how I'd make it...and before I knew it, I realized I was thinking more about making an Insalata Caprese! So I thought "Hmmm...why not?" So here it is: essentially a warm Insalata Caprese on a crust!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 inch) prepared pizza crust, uncooked (not prebaked)
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb heirloom tomatoes, chopped or 1 lb heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 -8 large basil leaves, sliced into thin shreds (chiffonade)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced into rounds
- 1Combine chopped tomatoes, basil leaves, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- 2Heat oven to 400* F. Spread dough out into a 12 inch round on a greased pizza pan. Combine olive oil and garlic; brush over crust. Bake at 400* F for about 10 minutes, or until just turning golden.
- 3Sprinkle shredded mozzarella over crust.
- 4Using a slotted spoon, remove tomato mixture from bowl, reserving liquid. Spread evenly over shredded cheese.
- 5Place fresh mozzarella slices over tomato mixture.
- 6Drizzle reserved dressing over all.
- 7Return to oven and bake at 400* F for 10-12 minutes or until mozzarella is melty with golden brown spots.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pizza Caprese (Or Pizza Margherita My Way)
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.4
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 33.5 mg
- Sodium 269.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 10.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
prepared pizza crust