Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
Make it any way you like it! An easy & fast kid pleaser + you'll like it too. One thing I really like about this recipe is that it's a pretty complete meal for my kids -protein, calcium, veggie & grain. Toddlers can hold it easily in their hands and older kids can make it themselves. And YOU can spice it up to your hearts content :) This recipe is for 20 burritos, but you can make as few or as many as you'd like. (My oldest likes them for breakfast & also takes them cold for school lunch)
The Basic Recipe
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 2 (14 ounce) cans pizza sauce
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 20 (10 inch) tortillas
- n a medium bowl, combine refried beans, pizza sauce and cheese; Stir until well mixed.
- To soften, put the stack of tortillas in a carousel microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Take one tortilla and put two heaping tablespoons of the above mixture into the center; (Add any additional toppings during this step).
- Roll up the tortilla and place in carousel microwave for 10 seconds.
- Additional topping ideas: Leftovers from the fridge (chicken, beef, veggies); Anything Mexican (green chilis, salsa, avacado, sour cream, etc.) Any sort of tradtional Pizza topping (Chopped pepperoni, black olives, onions, etc.).
My 12-yo DD made these for our lunch a few times (we tried different combinations: pepperoni, cheddar, no beans, black olives, mushrooms)...and every way she did it--we LOVED 'em! Thanks for a WONDERFUL recipe! *My Three Chefs 08 - Quick Fix: Pizza for Lunch!*