Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I haven't tried this recipe yet but how can you possibly go wrong with pizza and burgers? This is 7 points per serving for Weight Watchers. Sorry, this recipe isn't core.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon beef bouillon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons pizza sauce, warmed
- 2 slices mozzarella cheese
- 4 green pepper rings
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- In a small bowl, combine the beef, garlic, bouillion, Italian seasoning, and salt.
- Shape into 4 thin patties.
- Place a slice of cheese on two patties.
- Top each with other patty; press edges to seal.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium hot heat of 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink.
- Serve on buns with pizza sauce and green pepper rings.
We thought this burger was excellent. We disagree with another reviewer who thought that the Italian seasoning overpowered the meat. The seasonings were right on and we loved the green pepper and pizza sauce on top.
This has to be one of the easiest burgers to make. Both DH an I thought that the italian seasoning overpowered the whole burger. That was the only thing we could taste. If I make again I will cut the italian seassoning in half. The overall concept was good. I love pizza and I love burgers. Thanks for posting Budgiegirl.
Excellent burgers! The seasonings are perfect and the sauce and green pepper add another layer of wonderful flavor. I did grill the green pepper slices, but that is only because we cannot eat raw green pepper.