Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is in my "need to try" file.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pitted ripe olives
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese, cut in strips
- 8 slices French bread, toasted
- Combine first 7 ingredients and dash of pepper; shape into 8 oval patties.
- Broil over medium coals 10 min.
- Top each with cheese and tomatoes.
- Broil 5 min.
- or to desired doneness.
- Serve on toasted french bread slices.